A stork returns to his nest just as people are returning to their apartments, where they feel safe. It is the time for spring cleaning. While the husband is hanging up the lace curtains, the ladder collapses under him, leaving him hanging on the window. The little daughter slips on a rolled-up carpet and cries. Mother runs to comfort her, leaving a gas range unattended. The soup on the range boils over, extinguishing the gas fire. Grandfather tries to light his pipe with a broken lighter and decides to use liquid gas instead. Grandmother, washing the inside of a cupboard, is locked in by a naughty grandson and spills a bucket of water on herself. The older grandson is playing with a radio and leaves the opposite end of a plugged-in electric extension cable lying on the floor. The younger grandson plays with a sabre which otherwise decorates the wall of the living room. The wife is unable to help her husband and calls the neighbours. The drenched grandmother is electrocuted. While she is jumping up and down with pain, the grandfather finally succeeds in striking the lighter. There is an explosion of the accumulated gas and the father falls to the floor. The whole family is injured and in shock and the apartment is in ruins. The film's narrative admonishes us not to "become comforted by the certainty that nothing can happen to us in this safe nest of ours."
Můj dům – můj hrad
My House – My Castle