Information about the contents has not survived.
The film was made mostly on location, financed by Karel Kahlenbacher, the owner of a laundry shop and had its première in the Koruna cinema on the 10th of October 1919. On the instigation of Karel Lamač, the film was completed in Vienna and Berlin and was again shown under the title The Missing Letters (Thy Mystery of the Old Book). The film materials are believed lost.
10 October 1919