The editor is struggling to get the news of the day together. This time it is about the danger of fire. Short scenes depict careless people who are evidently putting their health and lives in danger. A woman leaves an iron plugged in without attendance and this causes a fire. A man goes to bed with an electric blanket in poor condition and causes a fire in which he dies. A warehouse man warms up his meal on a stove at his workplace. The stove is not placed properly and the fire that breaks out swallows up the whole warehouse. Another man installs electricity in his apartment without expert help and causes more problems. Repairing a plugged in radio at home is not recommended either. A certain lady pays a lot of attention to her new hat and forgets to turn off the small electric stove before leaving the apartment. The danger also threatens the villages. Tractors are driven over electric cables loosely stretched across the road and cables set the straw on fire. The editor and his secretary laugh at the stupid people but in the end their office catches fire.
The film was made for the Czechoslovak Ministry of Interior and the State Insurance Company.
News of the Day